In the year 1981 by sincere efforts and hard works of some young, energetic educationist and eminent personalities of Baliapal had started this residential co-educational physical Education College. The aim of this college was to upgrade the status of physical education in the state and promoting the employment of unemployed educated youth.
The 1st G.B was formed in the year 1981. Consisting 17 members leading by Prof. Dr Adwaita Kumar Patra as President and Sj. Jayanarayan Mohanty as secretary.
In the year 2002, the state Govt. vested the responsibility of the management on the district administration empowering ADM Balasore as the special officer in August 2002 which continued till 31st May 2005.
The existing Governing Body constituted on Dt: 01/06/2007 and reconstituted on Dt: 30/12/2013 with due approval of state govt.
During the tenure of existing GB proper attention and importance has given to develop college infrastructure with a limited area of 8.31 acres of land.
- There is a multipurpose building consisting of Meeting hall, Administrative hall, Library, Computer lab, and indoor game hall.
- There are two academic buildings consisting of 8 class rooms, 5 Laboratories, General store, Music room, Teachers and students common room and one Multipurpose hall having sitting capacity of more than 500 students.
- There are three double storied boy’s Hostel buildings.
- There is a Girls hostel available, with accommodation of 150 girls.
- There are two Dining halls with a kitchen.
- There is a well equipped Gymnasium hall.
- There are staff Quarters for accommodation of Teachers.
- There is a Multipurpose play ground of Foot ball, Cricket, Volley ball, Hockey, Kho-kho, Hand ball, Kabaddi and 200mtr. track for boys and girls.
- There is a separate Basket ball court, Lawn Tennis court , Badminton court and Cricket Net practice pitch.
- There are adequate sanitation facilities, internal road, parking lot, Filtered drinking water available.
- Proper attention has been emphasised to make the college surroundings more Clean, Hygienic & beautiful which attract the eyes and the heart of the visitors and dwellers.
This College is imparting C.P.Ed., B.P.Ed. & M.P.Ed. courses with two years duration 50 seats, 100 seats and 40 seats respectively. From the academic session 2018-19 The NCTE has enhanced the intake strength from 100 to 200 seats in B.P.Ed. course & 40 to 80 seats in M.P.Ed. course. The admission procedure of college students have been conducted as per the guidelines framed by NCTE and the state Govt. As per the college records students have been admitted and passed out from various parts of the country. Pass out percentage and student placement are 97% (Approx.) .
The faculties of this college have their much more achievements such as Book publication, Article publication, Paper Presentation, Key Note Presentation, Seminar Organisation and major project works with sincere and dedicated manner. Apart from this, most of the teachers Represented as state & national level Coaches, Umpires and officials in different Sports and Games.
At the time of Natural calamities and Social needs, the college extends its helping hands. The college Governing Body has been contributing and kind hearted towards society with social responsibility by sanctioning and relaxing Lakhs of rupees to individual poor students, in favour of cultural organisations, religious places and humanitarian ground every year to generate Brother-hood, employment opportunity and social development of our region and nation.
This institution is deeply grateful to Sri Aswini kumar patra Ex-MLA Jaleswar, Sri Rabindra Kumar Jena, MP Balasore, Sri Radhakanta Nayak, MP Rajya sabha, Sri Girish Chandra Dash, Ex-chairman, Jilaparisad, Balasore, Sri Raghunath Mohanty, Ex- Minister of Odisha for their financial and moral supports to Baliapal College of Physical Education at time of need for development of this college which will remain memorable in the history of the college.
So many eminent persons have paid their visit to our college whose memory will remain alive in the history of this college.